Is This What Christianity in America Has Become?

O God, we are in a battle that is raging for the soul of this nation. You, O God, have raised up Senator John McCain and Governor Sarah Palin for such a time as this. Help them, O God, to strengthen our economy, to keep our taxes and spending low…and grant them the privilege of being elected the next president and vice president.

This isn’t about the candidates as much as it is American theology. You can replace “Senator John McCain and Governor Sarah Palin” with “Senator Barack Obama and Senator Joe Biden” and switch the policies to reflect the respective party line. It’s still just as disgusting.

“Please, Lord, keep my taxes low and the economy strong so I can continue being in the top 1% of money earners worldwide while not caring about the other 99%.”